Reporting to the Head of School and serving on the Administrative Team, the Director of Marketing & Communications oversees all communications, marketing and branding for the School. The Director of Marketing & Communications will work directly with the Head of School, the Director of Advancement, the Director of Enrollment Management and the New Hampton School community to meet admission, fundraising, and engagement goals for all constituencies. The Director of Marketing & Communications provides oversight to the Design and Project Manager, the Digital Content Manager, Marketing Manager, and Creative Content Manager.
The Director of Marketing & Communications is a year-round, full-time, exempt agreement with benefits in accordance with the School Policy.
Specific Responsibilities (including, but not limited to)
- •Provide oversight of the New Hampton School brand across all channels including social media, digital and print publications, stories, scripts and press coverage.
- •Lead coordination of all school marketing efforts including print and digital advertising, social media, and other platforms.
- •Provide oversight and guidance for New Hampton School website with regular attention to content updates, and brand representation.
- •Oversee cultivation and stewardship of parents and alumni relations through electronic and print materials.
- •Act as primary press liaison for media and public relations.
- •Advise and assist Head of School regarding communications including parent and alumni letters, blog reflections and scripts.
- •Act as primary editor for Hamptonia, the school magazine. Lead development of content, tone, and style, while also contributing to the writing process.
- •Assist with strategy and development of admission communications, including cultivation emails, videos and acceptance materials.
- •Collaborate with office of admission on use of marketing automation software to generate leads and move traffic through the admission funnel.
- •Assist with strategy and development of donor stewardship through electronic and print publications.
- •Participate in long-range planning of major school events and outreach for the school.